Carondelet Neurological Institute celebrates 10th anniversaryMay 15, 2019
TUCSON – Doctors, patients and staff recently celebrated 10th anniversary of Carondelet Neurological Institute with a reception at St. Joseph’s Hospital. The Institute opened in 2009 to provide more services for treating stroke, head and spine injuries, tumors and other neurological illness for patients from Tucson and rural communities in Southeast Arizona.
The Carondelet Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital offers:
- Advanced brain and spine care services, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation
- A dedicated neurological critical-care unit
- The expertise and technology to treat brain and spine conditions, from strokes to head trauma to spinal cord injuries
- Long-term rehabilitation and outpatient follow-up care
The Institute has adapted to rapid changes in healthcare over the years to continue serving the community, said Dr. Eric Sipos, who with Dr. Robert Goldfarb helped launch CNI. The Institute’s teams of specialists are dedicated to the treatment of neurological disorders and injuries and providing a wide range of diagnostic and treatment services for most neurological conditions.
“Carondelet understood the need for a center to treat neurological disorders and injuries. Through the years our focus continues to be clinical excellence, innovation, research, education and outstanding patient experience,” noted Dr. Sipos, a board-certified neurosurgeon and medical director of the Carondelet Neurological Institute.
The Carondelet Neurological Institute includes 42 dedicated, private patient rooms:
- 12-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit
- 30-bed Neurological Inpatient Unit
- Neuro Interventional Radiology Lab
- BrainSuite iCT advanced operating room technology
Carondelet Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital is a primary stroke center, with additional programs for brain and spine tumors, balance and vestibular disorders, rehabilitation, education and support.
For more information on brain and spine services click here